Montvue Self Catering Self Catering Accommodation In Stellenbosch
Montvue is the 2011 National Winner of the SA Tourism Welcome Awards Subcategory: Self Catering
Montvue is nestled in a beautiful picturesque vineyard-lined valley at the foot of the fynbos cladded mountain slopes of the rugged Stellenbosch Mountain. The perfect place to experience the breathtaking panoramic views this unique part of the Boland offers.
Whether you are exploring the beauty of Stellenbosch with its rich culture, sidewalk cafés and exciting surrounding wine farms; staying over for business; or attending a university-related activity - the personal, homely touch of Montvue accommodation will ensure you have a relaxing and comfortable stay.
Montvue is situated in Paradyskloof - a tranquil residential area of Stellenbosch - it invites you to unwind in a setting that is:
- Close to Stellenbosch golf courses, wine farms, mountain bike and hiking trails;
- 4 kilometers away from Stellenbosch town centre - one of the most scenic attractive and historical towns in South Africa;
- 15 minutes from the white sandy beaches of False Bay;
- 25 minutes from Cape Town International Airport;
- 40 minutes from our famous Table Mountain.
Accommodation & Facilities
Montvue offers comfort and luxury: our 4 air conditioned self-catering units are equipped with kitchenettes, bathrooms with showers, lounge areas and private patios with stunning views on the mountains as well as on our exceptionally beautiful pool area.
5 double bedrooms, all en suite with bathrooms, sleeps a total of 10 guests.
- Unit 1 - two twin beds
- Unit 2 - double bed in bedroom plus single bed in separate lounge/kitchen area;
- Unit 3 - sleeps 4: two en suite bedrooms with twin beds each; separate lounge/kitchen area.
- Unit 4 - double bed
Linen and towels supplied, including towels for pool.
Kitchenettes are equipped with a microwave, fridge, breakfast nook, dish-washing facilities and other necessities. A light self service breakfast is available in kitchenette (breakfast cereals, fresh rusks, coffees, teas, sugars, milk). Hotplate or electrical frying pan available on request.
- Air conditioning
- Enclosed parking
- Wireless internet access
- Lock-up safe
- TV with selected DSTV channels
- Large swimming pool
- Private entrances to Units
- Braai facilities in garden
- Wireless Internet Access
At your Leisure (Less than 3 km):
- Mountain biking
- Hiking trails
- Golf courses
- Children's park
- Restaurants & coffee shops
- Shopping Mall (with laundry facilities)
- Gym /Health Club
- Wine farms
Attractions / Stellenbosch
Hiking & mountain bike trails
- The nature trails in the forest on the slope of Stellenbosch Mountain are only a few hundred meters away to enjoy with leisurely walks, jogging or mountain biking.
- The Jonkershoek Nature Reserve with numerous hiking and mountain biking trails is also within comfortable reach from Montvue.
Enjoy wine tasting and tours at the many wine farms that surround Paradyskoof - all a stone's throw away:
- Vriesenhof up Paradyskloof road - a real South African wine farm experience.
- Blaauklippen - a fully developed tourist facility with its 325 years heritage.
- Dornier and Waterford up Blaauwklippen Valley.
- Numerous other wine farms within 20 minutes' drive from Montvue.
Stellenbosch has quite a number of exceptional restaurants to satisfy all culinary tastes and preferences:
- Bossa Restaurant and 2 coffee shops are within walking distance from Montvue.
- Mont Marie Restaurant beautifully located on a wine farm next to Stellenbosch Mountain is 4 km away on Blaauklippen Road.
- Amazink Live : South Africa's first Township Theatre Restaurant - Fine Cuisine, great entertainment.
- Other possibilities include: La Pineta; Terroir.
Stellenbosch: the historic town
Sense the heartbeat of the oldest town in South Africa with:
- A walk along Dorp Street - the oldest residential street in SA; Kerk Street - with the first church building in SA; tea and cheesecake at De Ouwe Werf - site of the oldest herberg in SA.
- A visit to the Village Museum where you can find the oldest restored house in SA called Schröder House, where you can experience how the burgers lived 300 years ago.
- Spend time at the children's park next to Montvue.
- Take your children on the Stellenbosch Children's Route (for further information enquire at Stellenbosh Tourism Buro).
- Follow the R44 through Gordon's Bay (Clarence Drive) towards Hangklip, Kleinmond, Hermanus and back over Sir Lowry's Pass - one of the most beautiful drives you will ever experience in SA, or the world.
- Simply drive into Jonkershoek, or over the famous Helshoogte Pass towards Franschhoek.
Stellenbosch Golf Course and De Zalze Golf Course are on our doorstep, plus there is a choice of many exceptional courses within 40 minutes' drive from Montvue.